Mastering Your ScanNCut (Cutting Paper)
IMPORTANT: If you have already purchased a training course from us, then please login before purchasing this course.This will ensure that all your training courses appear under the one account.
NOTE: This course focuses on paper cutting. However, most of the techniques apply to both paper and fabric. For in-depth training on cutting fabric check out our ‘Cutting Fabric’ Course
This course is for those of you who have mastered the basics of your Brother ScanNCut and are now looking to become more familiar with how it works. If you have already taken our Getting Started course then you are ready for this one.
This machine has a lot of complexity to it and it can sometimes be a bit frustrating to use. However, with this course you are going to be able to master your machine and it will all become so easy.
We love the ScanNCut but that wasn’t always the case. When we first decided to buy the ScanNCut and we brought it home, we struggled with it. In fact, even though we went halves in the purchase we didn’t need to fight about who was going to take it home to use, because neither of us really wanted to. We weren’t having much success using it at all and it spent a bit of time in the cupboard before we finally brought it out again to give it a second chance. We are so glad we did, because we have so much fun with it and it really is amazing what it can do.
We’ve spent a lot of time using our ScanNCut machines and we know pretty much everything there is to know about it. Now, we’re not saying that to impress you but just to make you aware that you are learning from two women who know and understand the ScanNCut. Between us we have been using this machine on an almost daily basis for a number of years now. And as we have both the old and new machines we are able to ensure that the course covers all versions.
PLEASE NOTE: This training applies to both the Brother ScanNCut 1 and the Brother ScanNCut 2. It does not apply to the ScanNCut DX or the DesignNCut machines.
The Mastering Your ScanNCut course will take you through both basic and advanced editing functions, how to work with both patterns and text, everything you need to know about scanning including scanning and cutting out patterns, creating your own cut files from scanned images and even saving images of your photos and precious documents. We include how to use the drawing function, how to import and export patterns, how to set up the WiFi for those with the ScanNCut 2 and so much more.
There are 50 videos in this course and all the videos plus the written instructions are availalble 24/7 for you to view online. However, if you prefer not to do that, then all of the videos and written tutorials can be downloaded to your computer so that you always have them on hand.
Some of the things you will learn in this course include:
- Working with patterns
- how to resize patterns
- how to duplicate, rotate and mirror patterns
- learn how to move, add and delete patterns
- how to align and auto-arrange patterns
- how to group and weld patterns
- Working with text
- learn how to use text
- how to weld/merge text
- how to align text
- learn how to weld text to patterns
- 9 videos to finally help you master scanning including how to get the best scanning results
- understand the differences between the scanning modes
- learn how to cut around your scanned images
- how to create your own cutting files from scanned images
- how to scan and save your photos and delicate documents
- learn how to create cutouts from your scanned images
- how to set up the pen holder
- learn how to draw
- how to add a border to a draw image
- how to use the Universal Pen Holder & make your pens work
- Saving, Importing & Exporting
- learn how to import & export patterns from your computer, using cable, usb or wifi
- learn how to import & export patterns via ScanNCut Canvas via wifi
- how to import SVG files
- Specialised Tasks
- learn how to create your own stickers (without having to buy the ScanNCut Sticker Pack)
- learn how to create your own stencil and cut it with your ScanNCut
- For those with the Brother ScanNCut 2, you will learn how to setup your WiFi connection
- Ever wonder what all those settings do? – we go through each one and tell you exactly how to use them
- Plus, we take you through the new Blade Adjustment and Scanning Adjustment settings
BONUS CUTTING FILES
- Does this course cover all versions of the ScanNCut?
- Yes! We own both the Brother ScanNCut 1 and the Brother ScanNCut 2 so we make sure both versions are covered in all of our training courses. However, It does not apply to the ScanNCut DX.
- How do I register for the course?
- If you have already purchased a course from us, simply login and then come back to this page and purchase the course by clicking the ‘Add to Cart’ button above and completing the purchase. The course will be added to your account and you will be able to access it from your ‘My Account’ page.
- If you haven’t purchased a training course from us as yet, then simply click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button at the top of this page and then click the ‘View Cart’ button that appears above it to complete the payment and registration process.
- How do I access the course once I have purchased it?
- You will be redirected from Paypal straight back to this website and you will see your My Account page. You will be able to access your course from that page. If for some reason, you are not redirected, then you can go to this page and login.
- Is the course mailed to me?
- The training course is only available on our website by logging in. Once logged in, you can view the videos and written instructions on the website or if you prefer you can download both the videos and written instructions to your computer. The choice is yours.
- Does this course include instructions on using fabric?
- No. Not everyone wants to learn about fabric so we will be working on a separate fabric course which is available here.
- Does this course include instructions on using the online ScanNCut Canvas software?
- No. The training for ScanNCut Canvas is quite intensive and has been created as a separate training course, available here.