Cutting Fabric With Your ScanNCut
IMPORTANT: If you have already purchased a training course from us, then please login before purchasing this course. This will ensure that all your training courses appear under the one account.
Did you buy your ScanNCut to cut fabric? If so, this is the course for you
We know a lot of people who purchased their ScanNCut machine specifically to cut fabric for quilting and appliqué, but are struggling to make it work. I’ll be honest with you, we did too. We managed to conquer cutting paper after some trial and error but whenever we tried to cut a bit of fabric with the machine, we would always end up with either the fabric not cutting cleanly or the fabric lifting and getting caught in the blade. In other words, a complete mess.
However, we kept at it and we finally got to the point where we became confident cutting fabric and I have to say, it’s a good feeling to have. We want you to feel that way as well and that’s why we created this training program. It will take you through from start to finish on how to cut fabric with your Brother Scan n Cut machine.
In this course, you will learn:
- what ScanNCut mats and sheets to use when cutting fabric
- how to use the drawing pens to create seam allowances
- why test cutting is important and how to do it
- how to apply and use a Fabric Support Sheet when cutting fabric
- alternative methods for cutting fabric that don’t require a Fabric Support Sheet
- how to add seam allowances to the inside and to the outside of fabric
- how to cut fabric for applique
- how to use lutrador (or Pellon Rainbow Spun) for applique
- what settings to use on your ScanNCut for cutting fabric and when to use them
- how to access and navigate the online software tool – ScanNCut Canvas
- how to convert SVG files to applique cutting files
- how to convert PDF templates to cutting files
- how to access and use PES/PHC files on your ScanNCut (Applicable to PES compatible ScanNCut machines only)
- how to use embroidery formats other than PES/PHC in your ScanNCut to cut applique (Applicable to PES compatible ScanNCut machines only)
- how to apply applique data to embroidery files using Embrilliance, Embird and PE-Design – NOTE: We only have the demo versions of PE-Design and Embrilliance so can only provide instruction on applying the applique data but we cannot illustrate how to save the final file. (Applicable to PES compatible ScanNCut machines only)
- how to fussy cut fabric with the ScanNCut
- how to fussy cut fabric using shapes with the ScanNCut
- how to scan printed templates and convert them to cutting files
- how to successfully cut felt
- how to set up your WiFi connection
There are 37 videos in this course with written step-by-step instructions included for each video. All the videos and instructions are available 24/7 for you to view online, but if you prefer you can download them to your computer so that you always have them on hand. The written instructions can be downloaded in PDF form.
2 1/2 years ago I bought a Scan N Cut CM650W thinking I would use it to cut patches for patchwork quilts. I had no success at all. Didn’t want to put Steam a Seam on the back of quilt pieces, and couldn’t get them cut properly without it. Last November I purchased your Working with Fabric training program. I’ve been so overwhelmed by my SnC that I couldn’t make myself try to use it. However, yesterday I made up my mind to try to cut some applique pieces to use in a machine embroidery project. I downloaded the new Canvas Workspace program and was able to cut and use applique pieces to machine embroidery a flower that consisted of stem, three leaves, and three flower with five petals each! I made some mistakes but none that kept me from completing my project! I just wanted to let you know that without your lessons, I could have never done this. I was ready to give away or try to sell my SnC. However, now I can’t wait to use it for more projects. Thanks to you!
Western NC – Land of the Sky (USA)
- How do I register for the course?
- If you have already purchased a course from us, simply login and then come back to this page and purchase the course by clicking the ‘Add to Cart’ button above and completing the purchase. The course will be added to your account and you will be able to access it from your ‘My Account’ page.
- If you haven’t purchased a training course from us as yet, then simply click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button at the top of this page and then click the ‘View Cart’ button that appears above it to complete the payment and registration process.
- How do I access the course once I have purchased it?
- You will be redirected from Paypal straight back to this website and you will see your My Account page. You will be able to access your course from that page. If for some reason, you are not redirected, then you can go to this page and login.
- Is the course mailed to me?
- The training course is only available on our website by logging in. Once logged in, you can view the videos and written instructions on the website or if you prefer you can download both the videos and written instructions to your computer. The choice is yours.