Mastering Brother ScanNCut Canvas
IMPORTANT: Brother currently has two versions of CANVAS WORKSPACE. This training course is for the ONLINE version formerly called ScanNCut Canvas. If you would rather have the PC version CLICK HERE.
What You Need to Know Before Purchasing this Course
- This is the Canvas Workspace online software (formerly known as Scanncut Canvas) course and is the third course in a series of four. Click here to view the other courses.
- You should already know the basics of using your ScanNCut as we do not teach you how to use the machine in this training course. This is purely a course on learning how to use the online software.
- Although this course is suitable for both paper and fabric, we have a more detailed fabric component for Canvas Workspace.
Are you ready to start creating your own ScanNCut cutting files?
This course is for those of you who want to create projects in Canvas Workspace (formerly known as ScanNCut Canvas ) allows you to work with the inbuilt projects that Brother has provided and to create your own projects using the basic shapes, fonts, borders and logos.
You are just going to love the versatility and creativity that you will experience using the Canvas Workspace software. The projects you can create are limitless.
The Canvas Workspace course will take you through from start to finish – how to register, how to work with patterns and text, welding shapes and words, creating templates and how to create your own cutting files from imported .svg, .jpg etc files.
You will also learn how to work with the inbuilt Canvas projects and we take the mystery out of using those tricky Path tools.
There are 57 videos in this course and all the videos plus the written instructions are available 24/7 for you to view online. However, if you prefer not to do that, then all of the videos and written tutorials can be downloaded to your computer so that you always have them on hand.
Some of the things you will learn in this course include:
- How to Register for Canvas Workspace
- Navigating Canvas Workspace
- Navigating the Main Screen
- Navigating the Edit Screen
- Understanding the Display Settings
- Overview of the Project tab
- Working with Patterns
- Pattern Overview
- Resizing, Rotating, Duplicating, grouping, Aligning
- Flipping and Changing the order
- Using Colour
- Adding a border
- Creating Scoring Lines
- Combining Patterns
- Welding, Dividing, Subtracting and Removing Overlapped Patterns.
- Working with Text
- Starting with text
- Resizing and Spacing
- Changing fonts
- Combining text with patterns
- Working with the inbuilt Logos
- Working with Borders (Offset Lines)
- Borders Overview
- Combining Borders
- Creating your own Borders using shapes
- Working with Drawings
- Create drawings and adding borders to your drawings
- Working with Path Tools
- Creating straight lines and shapes
- Creating curved lines and shapes
- Path Editing Tools
- Freehand Path Tool
- Working with the In-Built Canvas Projects
- How to use and edit the in-built projects.
- Importing Patterns & Converting them to Cutting Files
- Importing svg, jpg, png, bmp, gif, dxf and fcm files
- Saving, Exporting and Deleting Files
- Saving files to Canvas
- Saving files to your computer
- Saving files from ScannCut Canvas to the Machine
- Saving files to USB
- Retrieving saved projects
- Deleting saved projects
- Setting up the WIFI
- Using a Tablet with Canvas Workspace
- Learn how to create a Greeting Card Template
- Learn how to create Letter Logos
- Learn how to create Shadowed Text
- Learn how to create a Curved Banner Label
- How do I register for the course?
- If you have already purchased a course from us, simply login and then come back to this page and purchase the course by clicking the ‘Add to Cart’ button above and completing the purchase. The course will be added to your account and you will be able to access it from your ‘My Account’ page.
- If you haven’t purchased a training course from us as yet, then simply click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button at the top of this page and then click the ‘View Cart’ button that appears above it to complete the payment and registration process.
- How do I access the course once I have purchased it?
- You will be redirected from Paypal straight back to this website and you will see your My Account page. You will be able to access your course from that page. If for some reason, you are not redirected, then you can go to this page and login.
- Is the course mailed to me?
- The training course is only available on our website by logging in. Once logged in, you can view the videos and written instructions on the website or if you prefer you can download both the videos and written instructions to your computer. The choice is yours.